Tree Huggin' Bacon Luvin'

Mmmm...bacon...

Monday, August 27, 2007

20 Miles


Doesn't sound like that long, does it? 20 little miles. A relatively short drive, if you're in a car. Not a tough bike ride. But did I use any of those modes of transportation?
No, I did it on foot. Why? Because I'm training for a marathon, silly. And the day I picked to do it was 90% humidity. Fortunately, it was only 73 degrees when I started out at 6 a.m. But even still, I could paint a lovely picture of sweat-filled sneakers (or in my case, they should have been called squeekers because you could hear me coming with my wet shoes and socks - eeewwww!).
The long run is over and now it's all tapering. Woohoo! Of course, a hard-core person I know told me I'm tapering too early and so I should do another 20. Whatever Wal-Mart worker. She can do it and tell me about it. But don't think that seed of negativity isn't planted in my head.

So now I'm going home to walk Dad's dog. That is who is gracing this blog. He's so darn cute, but so darn crazy. Love that mutt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home