Tree Huggin' Bacon Luvin'

Mmmm...bacon...

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Here Comes the Rain Again

It's been raining for days, not that anyone could miss it. I like it. It gives me extra excuses to drink coffee, which I do adore.

I've had houseguests for about a week now, but they don't stink like fish. They could almost be excused for stinking like fish, though, because many of their possessions were washed away in a three-foot basement flood over the weekend. Very sad for my friend Becky who lost a lot of family things that can't be replaced. I lucked out and only had a little leak in the attic that I fixed for the time being with some plastic sheeting and turkey roasting pans. Even though there's no duct tape involved, I am my father's daughter.

The big bad thing that happened for me was that my tulip tree was hit by lightning. There's a three-inch wide scar down it where the bark exploded off of it. The bark went at least 40 feet in little projectile pieces. Poor tree. I did give it a hug while I had my coffee yesterday morning. Mookie the cat, who normally could care less about changes in the weather, was pretty freaked out after the strike. I wasn't there when it happened so I can only imagine her reaction when it hit.

Did I mention it's raining?

1 Comments:

At 5:49 AM, Blogger Just Me said...

I love the name! I haven't hugged a tree today but if I love bacon twice as much, can I come visit?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home