Tree Huggin' Bacon Luvin'

Mmmm...bacon...

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Two Very Different Transactions

I'm sure I've got more than one pet peeve, but the one that is striking me today has to do with checking out at the grocery store.  Why do cashiers leave one item at the very front of the conveyor belt to block the belt from moving forward while they take multiple items from behind the blocking item?  It just means that the belt won't move and I can't empty my cart in a nice leisurely pace.  Instead, they leave that one stinkin' item forever and then, when they finally ring it up, the conveyor belt moves a few feet quickly and I'm left to scramble to take my stuff out of the basket to get checked out.  Why is this?  Is there a logical reason behind it?  Can somebody tell me?  Do they want to make their line look longer so people won't come in it?  Are they sadists?  Does the belt move too fast and food comes flying at them?  It makes for a stressful checkout, I'll tell you.

On a far more positive note, I was at the bank today and overhead a good conversation.  A woman making a deposit got to talking with her teller and mentioned all of the pain she has in her hips.  The teller started to commiserate, but the woman quickly told her not to feel sorry for her.  Instead she said, "I love life.  And every day I wake up and feel the pain, I know I've got another day to enjoy life.  So as long as there is pain, I'm a happy woman."  Okay, that's a bit dramatic for a conversation with your bank teller, but still, a nice outlook on life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home