Tree Huggin' Bacon Luvin'

Mmmm...bacon...

Friday, May 21, 2010

The Kindness of Friends and Strangers

Today is one of those bright, beautiful shining days, whose details you may not long remember but whose gist adds up to make life a good thing. 

This morning, Shadow I walked over to Phil's house and visited with Jean, her daughter Sarah, and their puppy Toby.  Shadow and Toby played hard for about an hour and then collapsed in a heap of drool and panting.  Sarah told me all about her visit with Mickey (and Donald the Duck) and smiled and was her adorable two-year-old self. And Jean and I had one of our usual good chats about wine and boys and nothing.  Tim happened along during the middle of the visit and we got to enjoy his company for a few minutes.

Shadow and I then returned home and welcomed Lisa for her first visit to the house.  We managed to do a few hours of honest work. It was so nice to visit with her and have someone who is so important to me spend time in my home. 

I just returned from a lovely, long walk with Shadow - his favorite route.  Just as we neared home, my neighbor said hello (I don't know his name, but call him Miso's dad after his dog's name).  He asked if I do any vegetable gardening, which I do, and he proceeded to give me a flat of gorgeous tomatoes.  Stripeys and Romas and a few other varieties I had never heard of.  This should be a great growing season!  And what a generous act from someone I barely know.  Life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home