Tree Huggin' Bacon Luvin'

Mmmm...bacon...

Monday, April 25, 2011

Frog Lullaby

There is nothing like the sound of a frog and toad chorus on a spring night from a vernal pool.  I grew up with this music, which I listened to from our second-floor screened in porch.  Often, I'd sit in the dark, sometimes just with a candle, listening to the echoing, vibrating sounds.  To this day, I can't hear frogs and toads without getting a little drowsy. 

I recorded about a minute of the music tonight, but apparently it's harder to post an audio file online than it is to get into Fort Knox.  (I love how old a reference that is - I feel like Bugs Bunny might jump off the page at any minute.) 

I'm sorry I can't share.  But just know that I'll be falling asleep to the lullaby of frogs and toads shortly.  Zzz....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home